Home > Introductions
1. Important tips
(1) Passengers without any articles that should be declared for customs do not need to fill in the Baggage Declaration Form of the Customs of the People’s Republic of China (hereinafter referred to as the Declaration Form), and they can go through the “channel of non-declaration” (commonly known as the “Green Channel”)
(2) Passengers with articles required to be declared shall fill in the Declaration Form, make a written declaration and choose the channel of declaration (known as Red Channel) to go through the customs formalities. Those who are exempt from customs inspection and passengers below 16 who are traveling with adults do not have to fill in the Declaration Form
(3) Please keep the Declaration Form carefully for formalities of return flight.
(4) Resident passengers in the Declaration Form refer to those who usually reside within the custom territory of China, and the non-resident passengers refer to those who usually reside outside the custom territory of China.
(5) Passengers fails to declare truthfully will bear the corresponding legal responsibility.
2. Articles that passengers should declare to the Customs
Incoming passengers carrying any following articles should fill in Declaration Form and show articles to Customs for inspection and go through necessary formalities:
(1) Animals and plants, and products made of animals and plants, micro-organism, biological products, human organism, blood products;
(2) Articles worth more than RMB5000 (including 5000, same below) of personal use;
(3) Articles worth more than RMB2000 that non-resident passengers intend to leave in China;
(4) Alcohol (containing more than 12% alcohol) of a volume more than 1500 ml; more than 400 cigarettes; more than 100 cigars; more than 500 g cut tobacco ;
(5) More than RMB 20,000 in cash, or cash in foreign currency equivalent to more than 5000 US dollars;
(6) Separately-transported baggage, goods, samples of goods, advertisements;
(7) Other articles to be declared to the Customs
Outgoing passengers carrying any of the following articles, should fill in Declaration Form truthfully, and pass relevant articles to Customs for inspection and go through necessary formalities:
(1) Cultural relics, endangered plants and animals and products of endangered plants and animals, resources of biological species, valuable metals such as gold and silver;
(2) Camera, video camera, portable computer, etc., carried by incoming resident passengers, which is of a value no less than RMB 5000 and is meant for personal use;
(3) More than RMB 20,000 in cash, or cash in foreign currency equivalent to more than USD 5000;
(4) Goods, samples of goods and advertisements;
(5) Other declarable articles.
3. Articles prohibited from leaving and entering into China Articles prohibited from entering into China:
(1) All varieties of weapons, simulated weapons, ammunition, and explosives;
(2) Counterfeit currencies and counterfeit securities;
(3) Prints, roll films, photos, disc, movies, tapes, video tape, computer storage media and other articles that impair the politics, economics, culture, and morals of China.
(4) All varieties of strong poison;
(5) Opium, morphine, heroin, Marijuana, and other highly addictive narcotic and psychoactive drugs;
(6) Fresh fruits, eggplant vegetables, living animals (dogs and cats excluded), products made of animals and plants, pathogenic micro-organisms of animals and plants, insect pest and other harmful organisms, animal carcasses, soil, materials of transgenic organisms, relevant plants and animals in countries and regions where there is an epidemic, and products of such plants and animals, and other articles that require inspection;
(7) Unsanitary foods, medicine or other articles; those imported from the epidemic area; and other foods or medicines that may produce or breed infectious diseases
Articles prohibited from leaving China:
(1) All articles that are prohibited from entering China;
(2) Manuscripts, prints, films, photos, discs, movies, tapes, video tape, computer storage media and other articles that involve state secrets;
(3) Rare cultural relics and other relics that are prohibited from leaving China;
(4) Endangered and rare plants and animals (including their specimens) and seeds and propagating materials.
Declaration Counter of Pudong Airport
(1) Opposite Gate 10, Departure Hall, T1
(2) Opposite Gate 25, Departure Hall, T2
(3) Near the Customs channels of International Departure/Arrival in T1 and T2
T1: +86(21) 68345964 T2: +86(21) 68340460
Official website of Shanghai Customs:
Copyright @ 2010 Shanghai Airport Authority. All Rights Reserved.